Ethylene Glycol Intoxication
Alternate Names : Ethylene Glycol Poisoning
Ethylene glycol is a common ingredient in antifreeze and windshield de-icer. If eaten or swallowed, it is poisonous.
What is going on in the body?
Ethylene glycol is very toxic. Every year, many people and animals are accidentally poisoned by ethylene glycol.
What are the causes and risks of the condition?
Eating or drinking ethylene glycol causes poisoning. Ethylene glycol is found in antifreeze and windshield de-icer and in other products. It tastes a very sweet and pets and children can ingest it by accident. Small amounts can be toxic.